Today, I opened the Bible again.
Not because all my questions have been answered. Not because I have abandoned the knowledge I have gained over the years. Not because I suddenly wish to return to every belief I once held.
I opened it because I am a seeker.
There was a time when I read the Bible through the eyes of tradition. Later, I read it through the eyes of research, history, and criticism. Along the way, I discovered things that challenged my assumptions and forced me to ask difficult questions. Some answers brought clarity. Others led to even deeper questions.
Yet the text remains.
The pages are still there, waiting to be read.
Today, I choose to return to the Bible, not as a defender, not as an opponent, but as a student. I want to listen before I conclude. I want to observe before I interpret. I want to hear what the text says before I hear what others say about it.
Wisdom is not afraid of questions. Truth does not tremble before investigation. If something is true, it can withstand examination.
As I begin this journey again, I pray for an open mind and a sincere heart. May I not be blinded by tradition, nor distracted by skepticism. May I be guided by wisdom wherever it leads.
Perhaps the greatest lesson is this: seeking is not the enemy of faith. Sometimes seeking is the path that leads us closer to understanding.
Reflection
What assumptions am I bringing to the text today?
Prayer
Olódùmarè, source of wisdom and understanding, guide my mind as I read. Help me to see clearly, think honestly, and seek truth with humility. Let knowledge deepen wisdom and let wisdom produce understanding. Amen.
Comments
Post a Comment